Monday, August 12, 2013

Saying goodbye

Goodbyes are never easy. 

I'm learning this very quickly.  You can try and trick your mind in every way possible: tell yourself you're just going on vacation, you'll have internet access, you'll be on your own adventure.  It's still not easy.

At some point you just become numb.

I don't want to make anyone think I am regretting this decision to go or questioning it at all.  I know what I'm getting myself into and I can't wait to hug and kiss those kids.  But knowing that I have to hug and kiss my little brother and mom for the last time is hard.  Saying goodbye to my father was hard.  Trying to not break out in tears on the phone with my friends and family is beyond difficult. 

For those of you who have supported me this far on my journey, I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Having to deal with goodbyes is hard enough, but not having to worry about how I will take care of myself over the next 2 1/2 years while I serve the poor of Honduras makes it so much easier.  Thank you!

I want to reassure you that I am confident in this decision.  I know this is what I am supposed to do and I know that in the end it will all be worth it.  I just wish the goodbyes weren't so tough. 

But, that is part of this journey and I am willing to embrace the pain because I know what I'm doing it for.  I love those kids so much and I am ready to get to Honduras and see them.  I only have a little bit more to go before we can move to our new "home" at the Farm.  I look forward to keeping you all updated on Guatemala and language school if you're interested. 

I love you all, I pray for you everyday, I have all of my medicine packed...and my pepper spray (for those of you concerned...it's been the main question of the day!), and I have my kick-boxing self-defense skills constantly in mind.  I promise to trust my sixth-sense, not trust anyone on the streets being suspiciously nice to me, and to always go with my gut.  Finally, I just want to remind you that St. Michael has got my back...I'll be fine.  Don't worry about me too much, but thank you for caring. 

Que Dios les bendiga todos ustedes!  I promise to write again soon.

Love,
Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. Love your post Tiffany...it's so like the giving, talented, warm, loving person I have enjoyed the opportunity to spend time with! Be safe, be strong, be loving, be faithful to your mission and God...keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! Hanging on every word, you're the best to keep us updated! Much love.

    ReplyDelete